Monday, February 20, 2006

Paramedic Interview

Well today was the big day, 1110hrs in Galashiels, I arrived and waited patiently until I was called in, there on the panel was a Station Officer (Area Service Manager for A&E) from Edinburgh, the Training Manager for my Division and a Anaesthetic Consultant sitting behind the desk, I swallowed hard, took a deep breath and tried to relax as I sat down. The interview lasted 20 minutes (only scheduled for 10) lots of questions from them all and then it was my turn to ask them some questions.... I asked about the academic aspect of the paramedic course and will the service be going towards external recognition from universities for the training, I wanted to know what the service stance was in regards to staff looking to enhance their knowledge in relation to their continued personal / professional development and what support did the service offer to these staff.

The Training Manager told me that they would be calling all the candidates later today...


Well 1500hrs and "Ring Ring" Hi SMM it's Training Manager (aka GOD), I just want to say congratulations and I would like to offer you a place on the 2nd of April 2006 course!!!!! Is that ok? "Gulp" Eh yeah I think that should be ok.... (SILENTLY SCREAMING YEAH YEAH OH YES inside).

Oh well better dust down the books again!!!

3 comments:

Druss said...

congratulations, well done. Lots more skills to learn and fun to be had and it might put A4C in a slightly better light. The deal is still just as bad but it would mean an increase. yes I know thin lining but there is one. I did say SLIGHTLY. But the course is great and the in hospital really opens your eyes. have fun

Kal said...

See, *we* all knew you'd do it.

Love you

K

DD said...

Congratulations, I doubt anyone would be surprised at you becoming a Paramedic, it was a job you were born for.